Saturday, January 21, 2012

1988 Sporty 1200 build






Here is the Sporty I picked up for myself a while back I'm trying to get this one done before The Pancho Run in May. I was a runner when I picked it up except for fuel leaking out of the over flow barb and some bad gas , I fixed those problems and rode it around the block a few times. Then preceded to take it apart.
The majority of the build is being put together with parts I had in the shop. So far I changed the tank, made a new oil bag, some new bars , cut both fenders down raised the rear added some iron head fender braces and stuck a bates repop seat pan on it and cut up the stock exhaust and added some fish tail ends to them.I'm gettin closer to finishing up the fab work then all the tin will go out to powder coat and a simplified re wire on the electrical system.

2 comments:

  1. where are you going to put the battery?
    i am rebuilding a sporty to, and i love the idee for the oiltank, it was a idee i had also.
    but i didn't know where to put the battery.
    check my blog.
    www.chopadilic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to run a Ballistic 12cell battery. I still have to make a tray for it but it is going to be a part of the oil bag. Kinda like the horse shoe tanks on the big twins. I'll post pics when i'm done fabing it up.

    ReplyDelete